? ??????????????????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blo
gger account and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, November 6, 2009

Finally Something Worked Out Right

The plan for today was to take my mom to Memorial to get copies of her mammogram films. Before I left the house to drive all the way into town, I called over to Memorial. I spoke with the lady at the front desk in the Imaging Department. She transferred me to the Mammography File Room (why I was not transferred to them in the first place on Wednesday when I called, I could not tell you...)


The message in the Mammo file room told me to leave a detailed message, stating the patient's name, birth date and a telephone number where they can be reached. It also told me that it would take 48 hours for all files to be copied and that someone would call to let you know that the films were ready for pick up.


I left all of the requested information. And then called my mom to tell her that we would not be going to Memorial today and explained to her what the message had said. She then tells me that she filled out the paperwork to request the copies on Wednesday when we were there. WHAT??? Seriously? Why did she not tell me this? I have been stressing out all week trying to figure out how we were going to get these films and here she had already done the paperwork...


So, I called back over to Memorial and again spoke to lady at the front desk. I explained to her what was going on, that my mom's memory is not the best and that I had a sick kiddo that I would like to avoid dragging all over town if I could. She very kindly transferred me to the Mammography File Room Manager (Joanne). I left a message that explained the situation and asked that someone please call me to let me know exactly what was going on with these films.


While I was waiting to hear back from Joanne, my cell phone rang. It was Connie, from Shands. She was checking in to see where we stood in getting the films. I explained to her what was going on and she then tells me this: "If you can get your hands on those films today, let me know ASAP. Dr. Kilkenny (the surgeon) wants to see your mom as soon as yesterday. He's willing to schedule an extra appointment on Tuesday to get her in."
Then while I am getting off the phone with Connie, my house phone rings. It's Joanne! She says that the films are indeed ready for pick up and that they were open until 4:30. I immediately called Connie back. She was still at her desk (she is a very busy woman and is NEVER at her desk) and answered. I told her that the films were ready and as good as ours.
Long story short (HaHaHa, yeah right!)....we see the surgeon on Tuesday November 10th at 1pm!!!
Things are finally going right and moving along. After the week that I have had with all of this back and forth crapola and a sick, pukey and poopy kiddo, I feel like I can FINALLY relax some and enjoy the weekend. We are going to the Fair and to the Air and Sea Spectacular.

0 comments: