? ??????????????????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blo
gger account and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, November 1, 2009

It Helps to Have A Good Friend

My best friend Beth has an almost uncanny 6th sense. She always seems in some way or another to know when I am feeling down or have hit a low point.
Every single time, since this all started with my mom and the doctor first muttered the words "breast cancer", I need someone to talk to, she ALWAYS pops up in one way or another. Whether it be a phone call (she lives in Atlanta), a text message or an email, she is always there to pull me through whatever is going on at the moment.
At my mom's first appointment, the one that started all of this, while I was waiting in the hallway for my mom to get some blood work drawn, I sent Beth a text message saying that the doctor thought my mom had breast cancer. Almost as soon as the text went through, there was Beth calling me.
The morning of my mom's 7am mammogram. Nerves were on edge. At 6:30 that morning, as we were driving to the hospital, my phone rang. It was Beth, calling to let us know that she was thinking about us and wanting me to call as soon as it was over.
Beth doesn't know that she has this sense. At least, I haven't told her. Maybe she does know it. Maybe that is why she pops up right when I need someone to talk to. Whether she knows it or not doesn't matter. What matters is that she is there. When it feels like there is not another person around that cares, there she is.

Thank you, Beth. You will never know what it means to me to have someone that cares so very much about what is going on with my mom.

It really does help to have a good friend.

0 comments: