? ??????????????????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blo
gger account and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, November 5, 2009

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

If you recall the phone conversation that I had on Tuesday afternoon with Connie at Shands, you will remember that she requested that we go to Memorial and get a copy of the mammogram films to bring with us when we finally see the surgeon.
Well, yesterday morning, after taking my mom to her doctor to get her Coumadin levels drawn, I took her to Memorial to pick up the films. Please note that I had called over there to the Imaging department prior to leaving the house to ensure that we did not need a request form from the doctor's office. I was told that we did NOT need a request form , that the films belong to the patient and they have the right to request copies at any time. Great.
We get to Memorial and my mom goes inside. I stay out in the car with Ainsley, who was sick and sleeping. My mom is inside for about 30 minutes and comes outside empty-handed. She handed me a slip of paper that stated that her doctor MUST call at least 48 hours prior to her coming to pick them up and that they must fax over a release form.
I was pretty agitated because I had called them specifically for this reason. To avoid getting over there and finding out that we needed a doctor's release. Here I was with my very sick, pukey and poopy kiddo, sleeping in the car. I needed to get her home so that she could rest in a bed. So, I called the doctor's office and left a message requesting that someone call over to Memorial and do what had to be done so that they would give us the dang films.
To kill time while I waited for someone to call me back and tell me that Memorial would give the films to us, I drove across the street to the Quest Lab, to drop off a stool sample for Ainsley. That took a whooping 35 minutes to drop off, as the woman made me sign in and wait to drop off some poop. But that is another story.
I then drove over to Walgreen's to get some ginger ale, some pedialyte, some baby tylenol and motrin, some electrolyte water and a few other things for the sick baby. I came out and my mom went in to pick up a few things. By now we had been gone from Memorial for over an hour and I still had not heard back from the doctor's office. So I made the decision to take my mom home and get Ainsley back home and get some fluids in her.
I got a call back later that afternoon, at 4:45. The doctor's office told me that they did NOT have to call Memorial to get them to release the films to us. Ugh.

So, tomorrow, the plan is to go back to Memorial and give them what for...at least until they give up the dang films. Wish me luck.

0 comments: